8.26.2014

Lemon Chicken Pasta


This is one of those recipes you read and then put in the back of your mind to make and/or adapt later. Got leftover chicken? Check. Got lemons? Of course. Pasta? Yes. Herbs from your garden and Parmesan and you're all set with a really speedy meal. Love the tang of fresh lemons with chicken!

Lemon Chicken Pasta

Found on Framed Cooks


Ingredients:
8 ounces linguine 
1/2 stick butter 
2 cups cooked shredded chicken 
1/4 cup mixed chopped parsley, chives and thyme, plus extra for garnish 
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice 
1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish 
Thin lemon slices for garnish

Method:


Cook pasta in heavily salted water until done. Reserve one cup pasta water and drain. Meanwhile, melt butter and add the chicken. Stir until ever so slightly brown and heated through completely.Stir in herbs and lemon juice. Add pasta and cheese to chicken mixture and toss. Add just enough pasta water to form a light sauce. Garnish with more herbs and lemon slices and top with more Parmesan.

11 comments:

  1. Dishes like this come in so handy sometimes. I most always have the ingredients on hand. Love the lemon garnish too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. A delicious combination!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to try this, Barbara! Every few weeks, after a busy day, I get a rotisserie chicken at Sam's and we always have lots leftover. This would be a great way to make another delicious meal out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try this! I love how look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mouth is watering, Barbara. This proves again that delicious food doesn't have to be complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like a recipe that helps me clean up leftovers, especially if the result is as delicious as this sounds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT recipe, Barbara!!! I just happent to have everything I need to "throw" it together. I pinned it on our Pasta Board and will be surprising Marion with it ASAP!

    Thanks so much for sharing, Barbara...

    P.S. No, I'm not back to blogging yet, that will be on Sunday:) I'm updating my sidebar and doing some visiting because, gee, I miss you "guys:)"

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make roast chicken A LOT and am always looking for ways to use the leftovers, this looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both lemon and chicken, so I'm not sure why I never make them together. This would be a perfect solution for a quick dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I'm making that very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HUGE chicken picata fan. can't get enough of capers, and just love that I actually can make a decent proximity to something (similar to what) you make, my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails