4.27.2014

Mini-mini Chocolate Chip Muffins


Here's a nice little change of pace: this is one of those recipes you want to print out and keep handy in your kitchen. It's just plain fun to make. Super delicious mouthfuls and the whole family will love them, that is if you can contain yourself long enough to leave any on the plate for them!

Really, what could be cuter? Little mini muffins chock full of mini chocolate chips. I originally tried the recipe because I had some mini chocolate chips left over and had tucked this recipe away for just such an opportunity. They turned out so well, now I keep a sack of mini chips in the pantry for those days when I crave something with chocolate. I am not a candy-eater so these are perfect for me. Unfortunately (if you're watching calories), they're also addictive, especially right out of the oven.
I don't know why you couldn't make the dough and stick it in the fridge until you're ready to bake, because warm from the oven you just can't beat them. They'll be a smash hit with your kids.


Mini-mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
From My Baking Addiction


Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup whole milk
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips  (try to find dark chocolate mini chips)

Method:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. 
Spray your muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. 
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt. 
In another bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla, mixing until well combined. 
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the liquid ingredients into the well. Stir until ingredients are just combined - do not over mix the batter. Fold in the chocolate chips. 
Evenly divide the batter into the prepared muffin pan wells. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. 
Remove muffins to a wire rack and cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. 

24 comments:

  1. Barbara I love these mini muffins look delicious and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 coming today..made something yesterday..next time I'll try these..

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are really mini and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these Barbara. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They'd be a smash hit with my co-workers too- they love it when there's a surprise on the "community eats" table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable and delicious looking, however, I don't think I could eat just one! Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. If Sissy didn't need to be held - SHE got bitten today; can you believe it?! - I'd go make a batch right now. Maybe later in the week when it's rainy and cool?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, these look delicious. And quick and easy. I've pinned the recipe so I can try it out when we have family visiting overnight ~ who could resist this fresh from the oven?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love mini minis, Barbara especially where mini chocolate chips are involved. Oh no, I'm all out or I would definitely be tossing these in the oven right now. I'm in need of chocolate, big time! Thanks for sharing, Barbara, just added minis to the grocery list and to Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why is it that anything mini automatically tastes even better than the regular size?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh unos mini muffins maravilloso quiero uno,abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely, I like anything in one-bite version! :) ela@GrayApron

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barbara,

    I know some mini-Minxes who are going to go nuts for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look absolutely adorable. Problem is that I can see myself popping many of these little muffins into my mouth before I realise that I finish the whole batch.
    *kisses* H

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barbara,
    The mini chocolate chip muffins looks so good. I wish I had one to go with my tea right now. Jess would love these, as she loves all things small.

    I hope you are enjoying the spring days.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Barbara,
    The mini chocolate chip muffins looks so good. I wish I had one to go with my tea right now. Jess would love these, as she loves all things small.

    I hope you are enjoying the spring days.

    love,
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well I would definitely need a dozen of these beauties since I am a notorious chocolate lover!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These would be a hit with the grandboys, Barbara! Yesterday, we made peanut butter cookies topped with M&Ms and the 2-year-old would eat only the candy on top and left the rest of the cookie in crumbles. I hate to think what would happen to these but it would be fun to watch :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. They look so cute! Great with a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  21. there are days when i really want some form of chocolate for breakfast, and this is an ideal way to get it. great for second breakfast too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. mini muffins chock-full of mini-chips! Love 'em--then I could feel mini-guilt.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I want these muffins so much :D Delicious!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a treat! I love anything in miniature form, especially when it involves chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails