2.11.2014

Red Velvet Brownies



                   Happy Valentine's Day!

Can anyone resist a brownie like this? But here's the thing....it's all about the frosting! Condensed milk and white chocolate. Wow.
Make these for your favorite Valentine!

Red Velvet Brownies
From Gina at Kleinworth & Co.





Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter - diced
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp red liquid food color OR 1 tbsp red gel food color
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

For the frosting:

1- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups white chocolate chips
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Valentine M&M's & 1/8 cup Heart Shaped Sprinkles

Method:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees
Use either non-stick foil or just use regular foil & then spray with non-stick spray & line a metal 9"x9" baking pan.
Stir butter & chocolate in a heavy large saucepan over low heat until all is melted.
Remove from heat.Whisk in sugar & then eggs- one at a time.Stir in vanilla, salt & food coloring.Sift flour & baking powder & stir in & blend well.
Transfer batter to prepared pan.

Bake until puffed & dry looking- or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with some moist batter attached. (about 35-45 minutes).

Cool completely in pan on a rack.

Method for the frosting:
In small saucepan combine sweetened condensed milk & white chocolate chips.
Heat until completely melted & combined.
Pour immediately onto brownies while they are still in the pan.
Top with your M&M's & sprinkles

19 comments:

  1. Oh my. These look soooo good. I want to lick that frosting off the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! That is such a great idea.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look beautiful Barbara.
    Happy Valentine's day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely and have a lovely valentines

    ReplyDelete
  5. so clever. I have seen many variations on the Red Velvet cake theme, but not a brownie like this! A Happy Valentine's Day with these goodies, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty. My SIl has a thing for red velvet cake and she would love these. Happy Valentine's Day Barbara.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty brownie Barbara...I absolutely love the intense red color with the condensed milk layer...indeed perfect for Valentine's Day.
    Have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant idea, they look gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally making these for my sister at her bridal shower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - I wish you were visiting for Valentine's Day …

    ReplyDelete
  11. Decadent! That frosting is killing me, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  12. White chocolate and condensed milk does sound like heaven. I could eat it for days. Lovely idea for Valentines day. Hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, La, La! They look so good, Barbara! I'll be pinning these :). I hope you have a delicious Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how perfectly appropriate! that frosting is very unique and i think it sounds utterly decadent and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the red velvet recipes I'm seeing on food blogger land.
    I'm very partial to frosting on brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sent these to my sister and she made them for her fiancé!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look delicious Barbara. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Barbara!
    I'm so sorry I didn't make it here for Valentine's Day. I sure do hope you had a wonderful day!

    I can't say that I have ever had Red Velvet Brownies. Fact is, I have never had anything Red Velvet, can you believe that! It's the red dye/food coloring that scare the bejeezies out of me. They sure look "purty" though. So festive too! Thanks for sharing, Barbara...

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails