2.25.2014

Coconut Panna Cotta with Fresh Figs


Everyone I know adores panna cottas. For all their simplicity, I think they're an elegant finale to any meal. And there are so many flavors you can incorporate in both the panna cotta and the fruit. Coconut anything is a family favorite, so it's a natural for me to use as a flavor base here; combined with finding fresh figs in my market, what could be a better combo?

Panna cottas are a cinch to make and they only take a few hours to set in the fridge. This one is so feminine and delicate looking, isn't it? It's got "ladies who lunch" written all over it. 

Coconut Panna Cotta with Fresh Figs
From Inspiring the Everyday





Ingredients:
1-15 ounce can coconut milk
¼ cup granular sugar
2 inch piece of vanilla bean, scraped or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
1 ¾ teaspoons powdered gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water

 Vanilla Fig Syrup [see recipe below]

Fresh Ripe Figs (retain some for garnishing)


Method:
In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over the water and stir. Set aside to bloom. Heat the coconut milk, sugar and vanilla bean just to a boil. Strain. Add 1/4 cup of the hot milk to the gelatin and stir to dissolve. Then add all the gelatin to the remaining coconut milk.

Fill your dishes and refrigerate for 4 hours.

Vanilla Fig Syrup Recipe

 Ingredients:
¼ cup granular sugar
4 large ripe figs, halved
2 Tablespoons Grand Marnier liqueur 
1 Tablespoon water
1 inch piece vanilla bean, chopped, or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste

Method:
Bring all ingredients to a gentle simmer in a small sauce pan. Simmer until figs have released their flavor and color. Strain and cool.


18 comments:

  1. A heavenly dessert! I really love this flavor combination.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful Barbara, and coconut is one my favourite flavours. I need to try a coconut panna cotta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This coconut panna cotta looks divine, Barbara. I love the fresh fig syrup topping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I am a sucker for a pannacotta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it does have ladies lunch written all over it. What a lovely dessert for company and your presentation is spectacular with the figs.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't yet tried my hand at panna cottas though I do love eating them! The use of coconut milk in this versions sounds so delicious! The perfect tropical infusion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love panacotta, this look awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barbara,

    Oh delicious and would be a perfect dessert for 'ladies who lunch'.
    Have a wonderful week
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh heavens coconut panna cotta is just a dream to me.
    There is this new high-quality Icelandic yogurt "Siggi's" yogurt.
    It's really thick and well real. Very little sugar and loaded with probiotics; the taste is heavenly and now they finally came out with a coconut version. You must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We still have to wait until much much later in the year to have ripe figs but I will save this recipe until then.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i don't think i'll ever grow out of my obsession with coconut, and this is one heck of a classy way to consume it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Barbara, These are ingredients I love. This would be a delightful dessert for me. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I see the first rip figs in the market, I'm going to have to make you panna cotta. I sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Panna cottas are a favorite of mine since they are really so simple to make and such comfort food. This is a lovely combo... can't imagine anything better than figs and coconut... wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a coconut FIEND! Fresh figs in your market? I must check mine!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely combination...coconut and figs...I love panna cotta...and sure can see myself making this...yum!
    Thanks for the recipe Barbara and hope you are enjoying your week :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty - and I love the figs on top!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This panna cotta is so beautiful :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails