9.26.2016

Roasted Cauliflower Steaks


When I first saw this idea on Pinterest, I thought how much fun it would be to try. Of course, we've always loved roasted vegetables anyway...so much more flavor....so I knew it would be delicious, although do try to get a very large head of cauliflower as we only got three decent steaks out of ours. Not that we didn't use it all, we did. Just add the extra florets to the pan and oven and they'll be every bit as delicious as the steaks.

Roasted Cauliflower Steaks



Ingredients:
1 large head cauliflower
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil

Method:
Preheat oven to 400.
Slice the cauliflower through the center, keeping as much intact as possible. Season the “steaks” with salt and freshly ground pepper. Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and place cauliflower carefully in the pan. Sear the cauliflower for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until deeply golden. 
Remove from skillet and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until nicely caramelized. Serve immediately.

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE cauliflowers! Actually had some roasted for the lunch today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumptious! I love cauliflower steaks.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these too Barbara..when Susan ,,from Savoring Time in the Kitchen made them..I could not resist,,trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I should have seen this a couple weeks ago. It would really have taken care of the big cauliflower (that is now a bit limp :( )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love roasted cauliflower in any form, just made last week with tandoori style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree--this just LOOKS fun to make and eat! nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was one of the best ideas I had seen in a long while. Thanks for the reminder to pick up cauliflower at the farmers' market and try this again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea. We love cauliflower because it is as neutral as a potato but better for you. Just did a cauliflower, potato and leek soup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since I am not a big fan of veggies I'm always looking for recipes that make me want to eat them and this recipe DEFINITELY does - so simple yet so delicious! From all the veggie-challenged folks out here in the Blogosphere - thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so much fun to make. I'll keep this for the next time my BIL comes over. He's crazy about cauliflower.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cauliflower steaks look so good...I love the golden color of it...
    Thanks for the recipe Barbara...hope you are having a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so good with the golden color of roasting! This is an ideal steak for me (since I don't eat the other kind;).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Barbara, What a wonderful idea and it looks delicious. Great way to change up a classic veggie. xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this I have made mine with Indian spices before.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails