2.21.2016

Sylvie's Strawberry Tango


My book group meets each month in someone's home and it includes lunch. We take turns at either hostessing or reviewing, so it's not a burden on any one person and the hostesses have fun trying new recipes.
In the fall, we met at Sylvie's new home. After we 
oohed and aahed at everything we loved about her home, we sat down at a beautifully set and flowered table to enjoy a delicious and hearty squash soup. Then we were served fresh fruit with a divine topping. 


Now I've traditionally topped our fruit at Christmas brunch with Ina's lemon curd and limoncello topping, but Sylvie knocked me out with this one and I suspected there was a touch of amaretto in it as well. Yum. So I got the recipe and made it for our family's Christmas brunch in place of Ina's old recipe.

Needless to say, everyone was wowed. It's kind of reminiscent of my MIL's old strawberries Romanoff recipe. In return, Sylvie asked for Ina's recipe and, noting Ina used yogurt instead of sour cream, said she was going to replace the sour cream in her own recipe with yogurt. Have not heard if she's tried Ina's recipe, but I can say unequivocally that we loved HER recipe. 
Isn't it funny how sometimes the simplest of recipes makes all the difference in a meal?

Sylvie's Strawberry Tango



Ingredients:
1  1/2 cups sour cream
1    cup light  brown sugar 
1/2 cup amaretto

Method:
Combine all 3 ingredients and voilà.
Serve over strawberries or a mixture of other fruits.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a pretty dessert. I adore fruit in desserts.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see her house;)

    So fresh Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a simple yet very elegant dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've actually made a dip for strawberries that's very similar to this--it's a really tasty combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so true. Simple recipes and the best ingredients you can find are the secret!

    I'm going to make this for MY book club next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara:)
    Simplicity at its best! I may just try that combo with the fresh yogurt I just made. I'm straining it right now. I bet it work and be almost as delicious!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing Barbara...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Ina's lemon curd and limoncello topping! Now, I have to try this one. Sour cream and amaretto sounds like a great combination. Hope you're settling into your new home and enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds absolutely delicious, Barbara! I'm definitely saving this recipe to try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Barbara, oh how wonderful to belong to a book club, love this very much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love simple recipes like this! I really can't wait to try some berries with this creamy topping. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails