10.17.2014

Apple Cinnamon Palmiers


Oh my, yes! Crunchy, sticky, cinnamony and appley. Are these perfect for tea or what? And so easy to make. Yummy on my tummy. I love making palmiers...sweet AND savory. Let me count the ways......

Apple Cinnamon Palmiers
Found on Our Chocolate Shavings




Ingredients:

2 sheets of square puff pastry
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt
1 apple

Method:

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.

Mix the sugar, salt and cinnamon. Spread 1/2 cup of sugar mixture onto your working area. Place one sheet of puff pastry on top of the sugar. Add another 1/4 cup of the mixture on top and gently press down with the palm of your hand. (I used a rolling pin)

Peel and grate the apple. Tightly press onto a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture. Sprinkle half of the grated apple onto the puff pastry. Lightly press them down with the palm of your hand. Fold 2 sides of the square puff pastry into the middle of the puff pastry surface. Fold the sides towards the middle again to create double-layered folds. Then, fold one of the sides onto the other (as if you were closing a book). Reserve and do the same with the second puff pastry sheet. 


Slice the puff pastry into 3/8 inch slices and place cut side up on a parchment-line baking sheet. Bake for 6 minutes, turn the palmiers over, and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until perfectly golden. Let cool on a cooling rack.

Don't know how to fold palmiers? Take a look HERE.


20 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous and apples and cinnamon are perfect partners. I have always wanted to make palmiers and for some reason have never gotten around to it. I'm not much of a baker and I think I'm a little intimidated with the puff pastry. You've inspired me this morning.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple! And they look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done the palmiers but not with apple. They look delicious and it's the perfect time of year for the treat.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried with apples..Yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound wonderful. I've never made palmiers before and might have to consult the directions, but otherwise it sounds like a simple and delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of shredded apple in these, Barbara! What an easy and tasty treat. Another win for puff pastry :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apples and cinnamon are gorgeous together. These palmiers look totally irresistible, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great mix of desserts :D
    And pocketable so take anywhere!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  9. so happy right now. i'm a "fall" sweater weather person, and this is perfect, Barbara, for Halloween and my sons and my nieces and nephews. be well, pal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. as delicate as these are, I would devour them in seconds with a large glass of iced milk. they are so light that I could eat two at a time. bad I know.
    have a wonderful weekend my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always said if ever I moved, it would be to the Outer Banks. Never mind that. Let me know when your neighbors sell... These are particularly tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They looks delicious! Perfect with a cup of tea.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really do love puff pastry, if only it wasn't so much butter! I'm doing something with it next week... maybe a bit left over to make these???

    Lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really need to keep a stock of puff pastry in the freezer, Barbara...Those Palmiers look simply heavenly!!!

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I lean more toward the savory kind but these look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Barbara, These do look wonderful and yes!! perfect for tea or coffee. Blessings dear. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  17. These would be gone in a heart beat……Oh wow! They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goodness! They look so cool and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. while there are a lot of great uses for puff pastry, this is obviously one of the best. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails