8.02.2014

Tiramisu Ice Cream


Thought it would be fun to make the ice cream version of the classic Italian dessert, Tiramisu. Those of you who don't have an ice cream maker will be pleased to hear you can make it without one.
And surprise! It really did taste like Tiramisu! Very rich.....the bitter cocoa on top cuts that a bit. 
Completely divine and decadent! 

Tiramisu Ice Cream

From Drizzle and Dip


Ingredients:
2/3 cup water 
¾ cup sugar 
250gms Mascarpone cheese 
250 gms of crème fraiche or sour cream 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
3 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 3Tbs hot water 
2 Tbs brandy or coffee liqueur  (I used Kahlúa )
90 gms soft ladyfingers, broken into small pieces 
cocoa powder for dusting

Method:
Bring the water and ½ cup to a boil and stir until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool and then refrigerate.Dissolve the coffee with the remaining water and sugar and allow to cool. 
Beat the cream fraiche, vanilla and Marscapone cheese in a bowl until blended. Add the chilled sugar syrup and blend. 
Add the brandy or liqueur to the coffee mixture and set aside. 
If not using an ice cream machine: pour the mixture into a plastic tub and freeze for 4 hours. Beating it once half way through to break up the ice crystals. 
If you are using a machine: pour the mixture into the ice cream machine and churn until it is a thick consistency but not fully made. 
Line a loaf tin with cling wrap. 
Spoon the coffee/brandy mixture over the ladyfingers. 
Spread a third of the cream mixture on the bottom of the loaf. 
Scatter over half the biscuits and lightly press in. 
Spread another third of the ice cream mixture and repeat with the remaining half of the biscuits. Finish off with the remaining third of the cream mixture. 
Cover and freeze until set. 
When you are ready to serve take the loaf out and allow it to soften slightly at room temperature and then tip out onto a serving plate. Sift cocoa powder over the top.

17 comments:

  1. I really like the idea of an ice cream loaf and Kahlúa makes everything better.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Tiramisu is one of my favourites - and anything no-churn is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How decadent! A perfect summer dessert.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I love this idea ! Look delicious and I bookmarked Is like a tarta:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I want lately is frozen desserts! This looks like a great one. And, I love the loaf shape for slicing and serving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tiramisu is one of my favorites, so this would be wonderful! Thanks so much!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kahlúa and mascarpone...what a heavenly combination! I want a slice too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barbara,

    Yum! Tiramisu ice-cream sounds delicious and the perfect treat for summer.
    Thanks for sharing and hope you are enjoying your weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiramisu is my favorite dessert! How did you know?! I think I'd love it even more in ice cream form!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful dessert and ice cream!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh i love tiramisu...i bet this is really good...we might have to try this before the summer draws to a close...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barbara,
    Yes, I too, would pick the unusual one in the litter... Thank you so much for your kind words about Olivia...
    The rose petal hat.. I have so many dried petals from my garden... I love to create accessories with them.. So happy you enjoyed.
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  13. This tiramisu ice cream looks absolutely lovely, what a decadent flavour :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, I would love this! I recently saw an ice cream recipe with mascarpone in it and I thought it would give such a creamy, delicious flavor to ice cream but this takes it to a whole different level. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my. If it wasn't almost 10 pm, I'd make this tonight. Tiramisu is my favorite dessert... or one of anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you know, i don't think i've ever seen tiramisu ice cream, and certainly not as elegantly prepared as this--bravo!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails