3.25.2014

Coconut Nutmeg Pudding


Silky, creamy, elegant and simple, all rolled into one pudding. And no sweetener. Really, it doesn't need any, it's perfect as is. There's a slight sweetness to the pudding, the coconut flavor shines through, the toasted coconut flakes supply a bit of crunch and you'll taste a little touch of nutmeg. It's a little gem of a recipe.


Coconut Nutmeg Pudding
From :pastry affair




Ingredients:
13.5 ounces (1 can) coconut milk 
1/2 cup almond milk (or regular milk) 
3 tablespoons cornstarch, sieved
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

Toasted coconut flakes for topping

Method:

Bring the coconut milk and almond milk to a simmer and whisk in the cornstarch and nutmeg, stirring constantly until the milk thickens. Doesn't take long. Remove from heat and strain the pudding through a fine mesh strainer. Stir in the vanilla extract.

This recipe made enough for three of the dessert dishes in the photo. Divide the warm pudding and sprinkle on toasted coconut. You can serve warm, or chill, covered, for a few hours in the fridge.

24 comments:

  1. A lovely pudding! Simple, but refined tasting.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the simplicity of this, which I can imagine boasts great flavors. And, to make it dairy-free would suit many tastes. a great recipe, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. look really delicious Barbara, I love all puddings!!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely dessert. Just when you think there is nothing new under the sun, a recipe like this appears. Thanks Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like a gem and only 5 in ingredients too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara,

    As you have said this does look like a gem of a pudding and great that it does not take too long to make. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope you are having a lovely week
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dearly love coconut - especially when it's toasted. This does sound like a gem of a pudding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try this! What are the odds the Knight can find coconut milk and almond milk all by himself?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this recipe...simple and yet so elegant...I can almost taste the silky texture of this pudding.
    Thanks for the recipe Barbara...have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I have regular supply of almond milk in my fridge! Thanks! :) ela

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love coconut anything! The pudding must be divine!
    Have a lovely day!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice - and so easy! I've never thought about nutmeg with coconut, so now I'm really curious about the combination.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Barbara!
    I'm delighted to see this recipe. My daughter has been trying all kinds of different recipes for my grandson and has recently discovered he likes coconut milk. I have a feeling he would like this pudding. I will be sending her the recipe. Thanks for sharing, Barbara...Maybe she'll make it for me too when I visit in May:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. dynamite, barbara. this is the kind of dessert i'm really into these days, and your presentation is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coconut and nutmeg are a delicious flavour combo, a lovely rich pudding my friend :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nutmeg and cinnamon are my two favorite spices. I love their flavor and smell. These puddings must taste heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm having gum surgery Friday. Think I need to make a batch of this to eat over the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  18. This does indeed, look so special and delicious! The flavors are all so complimentary :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This pudding sounds absolutely lovely! I adore coconut in sweet treats.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been dreaming of pudding lately. What a great idea to make one without all that sugar. Will try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh puding.. luce muy delicioso,abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  22. I made this tasty dessert yesterday & loved the combo: coconut-almond milk & nutmeg,..divine! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails