6.22.2012

Pecan Pie Cupcakes


These simple cupcakes are little gems, especially if you like pecan pie. The batter is very fluid and as the cupcakes bake, the pecans rise to the top just like a pecan pie. The bottom of the cupcake is very moist and tastes like maple syrup. You must use cupcake liners and allow them to cool, although I gave in at the warm stage and tried one. As long as you peel the liner off carefully, all will be well. These are super to take along for picnics or backyard grilling.


Impossible Pecan Pie Cupcakes
From Baking Bites




Ingredients:
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
3 large eggs
3/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups chopped, toasted pecans

Method:
Preheat oven to 350F. Line 16 muffin cups with paper liners.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter until light. Whisk in eggs, followed by maple syrup, milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
Add in flour mixture and whisk until flour is very well incorporated and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
Divide pecans evenly into prepared muffin cups. Pour batter over pecans. Batter should just cover the pecans in each muffin cup.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cakes are set and spring back when gently pressed.
Cool on a wire rack. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before removing wrappers.

Makes 16.

24 comments:

  1. Those are adorable, and the perfect size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine looking! Simply perfect.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family always fo overboard when eating pecan pie so this is a delicious way of still staying healthy :D
    Yum!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite desserts is pecan pumpkin pie. The pecan pie part rises to the surface like magic and is so terribly good... I think these have to go into my evil dessert file... great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... and this is one of the reasons I nominated you for the blogger award. You are so talented! I love pecan pie! Must admit I've never had pecan pie cupcakes, but sure do plan on making these as soon as the outdoor temperatures drop a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound better than my go-to recipe for the same. If I have a spare moment tonight - or need a break - we might have them for dessert tomorrow at the board retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pecan pie in a cupcake? Count me in. They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great idea, combining two favorites. Please drop by and pick up an award.
    http://sweetsav.blogspot.com/2012/06/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is a cupcake I would eat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my gosh those look amazing! bite size and fabulous! mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy! This is a recipe I want to try. We do a lot of backyard parties and a lot of pot-lucks. I'm pleased to have stumbled onto your blog. You have some great food here. I am your newest follower and fellow blogger. Please accept my invitation to visit my blog. I'm new at this blogging thing, but love to cook. Hope to see you. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how the pecans rise to the top! Such a neat little trick. They're irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh darn you Barbara!!! Another yummy sweet recipe to try. I have been trying to swear off sweets (or at least as much I have been eating lately)but these are a 'have to try'!!!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pecan pie and hate that it's only socially acceptable to eat it once a year! These are the perfect way to make it a year-round treat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I have to give these a try. Wish I had one right now with my coffee. Pinned. Thanks Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pecan pie is my hubby's favorite! These look a lot more do-able than a whole pie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love pecan pie. I love the idea of pecan pie cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI!!
    MY hubby would simply die if I made him those!!!He loves pecan pie.....me too!!!So I will have to make those...Great looking and I am sure great tasting delights!!!
    hugs,
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not eating sugar at the moment and these are EXTREMELY tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pecan pie is definitely one of my favorites, and I love the idea of enjoying it in cupcake form! In fact, I'm tempted to whip up a batch now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Morning my friend...just what I needed this morning was a lovely visit to your blog! I will be making these..already wrote down the recipe...we love PECANs..
    Hope you are very well..way down in Florida! xoxoxo Happy new week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cupcakes look divine! I love yummy combo of pecans and maple syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh. Mah. Goodness. I LOVE you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love the maple syrup in these, and the magical floating pecans are quite exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails