Sophie from Sophie's Foodie Files passed on an award to me...the one where you have to tell everyone 7 things about yourself. Try not to be bored, please. :) I'll make it brief and I promise not to pass this on to 15 of you, but if you want to partake, feel free!
1. Michigan was my home until I was in my 30's and then I moved to Florida. I love northen Michigan in the fall and try to go up every year.
2. I have three children, a daughter and two sons. All of them are in their 50's. I also have two grandchildren one 19, one 5 and 1 step grandchild who made me a great grandmother a couple years ago.
3. Reading is my favorite pastime, cooking is a close second. My grandmother and mother were wonderful cooks. My grandmother and her sister owned a bakery in Detroit many years ago.
4. I work out at a gym 6 days a week. Even so, I am always on a diet. :)
5. My sister is a better cook than I am, but she's not a blogger. She's inventive, I am not, but I love searching out new recipes.
6. I am terrified of flying but love to travel. I sedate myself to get on a plane.
7. My home is decorated in ocean colors, blue and white, with lots of shells around, but is filled with antique furniture.