3.31.2012

An Award


Sophie from Sophie's Foodie  Files  passed on an award to me...the one where you have to tell everyone 7 things about yourself. Try not to be bored, please.  :) I'll make it brief and I promise not to pass this on to 15 of you, but if you want to partake, feel free!



1. Michigan was my home until I was in my 30's and then I moved to Florida. I love northen Michigan in the fall and try to go up every year.

2. I have three children, a daughter and two sons. All of them are in their 50's. I also have two grandchildren one 19, one 5  and 1 step grandchild who made me a great grandmother a couple years ago.  


3. Reading is my favorite pastime, cooking is a close second. My grandmother and mother were wonderful cooks. My grandmother and her sister owned a bakery in Detroit many years ago.


4. I work out at a gym 6 days a week. Even so, I am always on a diet. :)


5. My sister is a better cook than I am, but she's not a blogger. She's inventive, I am not, but I love searching out new recipes.


6. I am terrified of flying but love to travel. I sedate myself to get on a plane.


7. My home is decorated in ocean colors, blue and white, with lots of shells around, but is filled with antique furniture.

Thanks, Sophie!

18 comments:

  1. Nice to learn more about you. I am also terrified of flying... ,-P

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house colors sound very relaxing. It's like having the beach indoors. Lucky you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, I love what you wrote...

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet your sister thinks YOU are the better cook! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice to get to know you better!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice to know more about you dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to know you a little more! Congrats on the award, well-deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with you on the fear of flying, but not the 6 days in the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am scared of plains too, but I love to travel as well. When I have to travel by plane I take couple of valeriana pills to make it through! It is so nice to know a few things about you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is always nice to know a little more about the people who write the blogs we enjoy. Thank you Sophie and congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the Award, Barbara. It's wonderful getting to know you:) (I was just about ready to sing the song:)

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like reading about the person behind the blog! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! It fun to get to know you a little more.

    I feel a connection because we share the same first name and I lived in Florida for so many years....

    xxoo,

    RMW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to read a little about you, Barbara! I'm impressed with your workout schedule and, even though I'm not overweight, I am always watching what I eat too, it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your list! Wow, cooking is in your blood, and it wouldn't surprise me if your children are all marvelous cooks too.

    Oooh, I hate flying too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so welcome, my friend! Waw!
    What great things about you. I think you impressed us by saying that your children are in their 50ties & you allready have a great-grandchild! waw!
    I think your home would be beautifully decorated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I sedate myself on planes too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was great getting to know you better Barbara! I love ocean colors! I bet your house is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails